Thursday, August 6, 2009
I start school on the 24th for the nursing program. Due to my hours at school would now be outweighing my hours at work, work has decided that my services are no longer needed 20 hours a week (I'd only be able to work Thurs and Friday) and I'm being "let go" on August 14th, next Friday. This is a good thing, however I wished I'd had another job set up in lieu of unemployment...never been unemployed, so this should be interesting.
My resume must be sitting in over 150 different websites and HR emails...going to have it reviewed to see if there's a reason no one is calling me back.
The name change game has finally begun!!! Man, is anyone told me how fun this would be, I think I'd keep my maiden name!!! Drivers license...check, bank...check, still need to do all the credit cards and my social security card...fun fun! Why don't you stick a spoon in my eye while you're at it? But hey, with my nonworking keister, at least I'll have the time, right?
What else...almost done with ripping down the siding and the asphalt shit on the outside of the house...whomever came up with that abomination should seriously be shot! Carpet is ripped up, drywall is ripped down...we should be able to start working indoors soon...hardwood floor here I come!!!
Hugs, till later...I need a drink.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Yeah, makes me wanna add some red velvet ice cream and have a go at it...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Me: Mr. X, did you remember to bring in your first morning void this morning?
Mr. X: You betcha I did...do you want it?
Me: Um...no, when you go to the lab, you can give it to them since they will check the specimen?
Mr. X: How much was I supposed to fill it up? Because you never told me how much to fill up the cup...
Me: If you filled up the cup about half way, then that's perfect. They just need enough to run a dipstick test to check for blood and protein in your urine.
Mr. X: Well, I filled it up to the top. And lemme tell ya, I tried to stop, and god darn it my kidneys just wouldn't quit! I could've fill up another couple of cups for ya, at least a good 3 ta 4 more...
Me: No, one cup is sufficient, Mr. X. But thanks for the offer...
Maybe it's just me, but crap like this cracks me up...yeah, don't need 5 urine cups from you, sorry...lol. Oh well...welcome to a day in the life...
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Got married (whoo hoo, I'm Mrs. Loverboy now!). Wedding was loverly...bridesmaids were smokin, and Sarah did a gaw-geous job on my hair (I seriously don't know what I would have done without her...I'd have probably just put it up in my usual bun and said to hell with it). I just wish I would've been able to see you gals more...
What else...OH, got accepted into the nursing program the week before the wedding, and classes start at the end of August...I'm applying for all financial assistance that I can...maybe I'll win big on the Super Ball and not have to worry about working anymore and just go to school for fun since I'll be filthy rich!!!
Which brings me to finding a new job...not too picky since I'll be going down to part time in the fall, but still wanna find something that's going to help pay the bills...and applying at the local hussy joint or poll dancing ain't quite my theme..."But it helps pay for college"...yeah right, like those fake breastessess are going to help you get a PhD. I've applied to multiple nursing assistant positions locally, and even applied at a place that rhymes with J-Mart...thus my career option would literally be about 5 minutes away (how's that for saving gas, and I don't mean the kind that requires Bean-o). Wish me luck, kiddies...Momma wants to stop wasting 3 hours a day traveling to and from work!
What else...back to the tying of the knot (or the wearing of the shackles as confirmed per Loverboy's cousin Richie)...so no honeymoon as of yet, and the way bills and time is lookin', there ain't gonna BE a honeymoon anytime soon (what was previously stipulated for a Dec/Jan cruise will probably not happen due to us being poor).
First week in July Loverboy and I will be going to Eagle Lake in Michigan to spend the week drinking to our liver's content, and boating like it's nobody's business! We've gone the past 2 years for a week up to this quaint little cottage area off a lake with some of Loverboy's friends...no drama, no work, no hustle and bustle of everyday life...sounds like THAT'S gonna be the closest we have to a honeymoon for the next 2 years, and though it's low key and not fancy (the cottages are kinda old, smelly, and have matresses that we dare not sleep upon for fear of catching something...thank god for the air mattress), it's just relaxing with no problems. This year we gals all planned our menu's accordingly...helps save everyone from having to bring too much food, and someone else takes the dibs for dinner at least one night for the week. We're all on our own for breakfast, lunch is sandwiches and group efforts (like chips and fruit and salads), and then dinner is stuff like steaks for the guys, kabobs for the gals, spaghetti and meatball night with grilled garlic bread, hot dog/brat night, pizza night (which will be a night when the weather absolutely sucks and we actually go into town for pizza and a movie...and the movies are seriously $2 a person for NEW movies), mexican night, and god knows what else. I'm psyched.
So that's that in a nutshell...though I don't know how Reader's Digest I got there at the end...hey, I need a LITTLE excitement since all we've done since the wedding is work, work on the house, and try to keep cool with this nasty humid weather (OMG, I don't see how people are supposed to function in this weather, and there's supposed to be a weather advisory of 106 degrees today...bleah!). I'm hoping the heat breaks before my nerves do!
Monday, May 4, 2009
What else...I saw a pair of dirty plaid drawers in the middle of the road (looks like someone either had an accident while driving, or was doing the nasty and ditched the evidence)...what else.
OH, one of the doctors at our facility thinks we may have had a patient last week that had the swine flu...how comfortable does that make you feel when you see one of the doctors and 2 nursing assistants wearing gowns, gloves, and masks while you're walking around without said protection asking what's going on? Yeah, STILL don't know if this patient tested positive, but oh, they building said they're going to start sanitizing better in the building, such as doorknobs and elevator buttons..hmm...thought they should've done that already. Turns out there's a couple of cases of the swine f...correction, a couple of cases of H1N1 (apparently the pork industry having issues due to the "swine" reference) in Illinois, one so close as to my hometown of Batavia (the middle school was closed down, as well as a case possibly found in Rogers Park). Hmm...now Loverboy is ill...it better be allergies after he was outside all weekend mowing, chain sawing trees (yes, I said chain sawing), and working with the yard...and here I keep telling him to take his vitamins and honey (which is supposed to help build up immunity to seasonal allergies...wives tale, maybe so, but who hasn't gotten hit with allergies yet this year...hint hint).
So what else...wedding's in full swing, and so is my brain. I've been having negative thoughts of being the ugly fat bride, and I've had some special ladies tell me I'm mental....thanks gals, I love ya!
This is my final week of work before the wedding!!! Then I'm off for 2 whole weeks...que something by Aerosmith that would fit here...I'm on an Aerosmith kick lately. Whoot-whoot!!!
So all is well, things are happening, and I'm trying not to be mental (if you see me scoot to the edge, just give me a boot to the head).
Friday, April 24, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Loverboy's Mom has never been much of one saving money (and don't get me started of her saying how she was "in debt" after she lived with us free of charge for 3 months while looking for a local job about 2 years ago) and is horrible with her impulse buys...and alcohol...and cigarette addictions. So she's trying to find a hotel online for around $50 a night, and can't find any. So she asks us to help, and apparently someone I'm the one trying to find a place for her to stay. She's coming in 2 days before the wedding and leaving the Monday after. Ok, 5 day stay, then she's flying back home.
So I was letting her know what was going on, then how I didn't know how much we would see her on that Thurs night because we were doing the "jack and jill"(bachelor/bachelorette party)...and then staying the night out at a hotel and not coming home till the next morning. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner, and then we'd see her at the wedding. Well she asked if she was invited to the jack and jill, and I started laughing and said no, but she could come to the rehearsal dinner on Friday night. Then I asked her if she wanted to go to the jack and jill, just to see what she'd say (lord knows parents are NOT allowed to the bachelor/bachelorette party...unless you have that type of relationship with your folks...we do not), and she was all for it if there were strippers there. Um...I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...Loverboy's Mom, drinking, and strippers is NOT my idea of a good time. So I explained that we weren't having strippers, and that we were going to a bar that we went to for my birthday to play volleyball...it was something I wanted to do, and after my b-day, Loverboy said he wanted to go there too for his bachelor party...hence now the jack and jill.
So then Loverboy's Mom started saying why should she come out if we're not even going to get to see her (while I'm STILL trying to find her a hotel/motel room online) and that now she may have to change her flight information...we're still going to have to pick her up from the airport, so what the hell? I was getting to a breaking point, so I passed the phone off to Loverboy, I couldn't talk to that woman. So he's talking to her, and then he said something like "You can come to the party, I don't know why Dawn would say that." He said he'd call her back, then came to find me and find out why the heck I passed off the phone and took off. He was also trying to find out why I didn't want him Mom coming to the jack and jill. I apologized for pawning off the phone, but I was frustrated with trying to help her, then she wanting to invite herself to everything, and I'm sorry that she's coming early, but I've got a lot of stuff and I didn't feel that I wanted to babysit her when she was in town...it's not like I don't have enough stuff on my plate! Also, she's still expecting ME (not him, not the Internet, not God himself) to find her a cheap hotel room...who knows what's going to happen then...then she had said that with the money for the flight, and if she's got to put down $300-400 for a hotel stay, either she won't be able to stay as long as she wanted, or she won't be able to get us a wedding gift. I told you, she's not one for saving, and I told her we didn't need a gift as long as she was coming, that was good enough. Loverboy didn't know she'd said those things, I should've told her I'd call her back after talking to Loverboy. But what really upset me was that she wanted to come to the jack and jill (and this is what I explained to Loverboy) and if she did, she would be spending money and be drinking, she's LOUD when she drinks and wants to be everyones friend (then she'll stab you in the back when you least expect it, speaking from experience), she was already complaining about money so why spend money out and about for drinking rather than saving it for the hotel room...and she doesn't know the area. If she follows us, she wouldn't be able to find her way back. If she came WITH us, we are NOT sharing a hotel room with that woman...and don't even THINK about paying for her for the night in her own room, let alone see if anyone else staying would take her in, not for free at least. Loverboy then understood why I had told her that she wasn't invited. Now she's upset and is going to try to come in on that Friday instead of Thursday...and even when she comes into town, she's borrowing one of our cars!!! Seriously, this woman is getting everything handed to her on a silver platter, I swear! I'm not looking at hotels anymore, I'm gonna go tomorrow after the bridal shower to see what's in the area...at long as it's not a roach motel, I think she'll be fine....otherwise she's on her own...I can't perform miracles! Yeah, this is just want I needed...drama...and here I was doing so well?
Friday, April 17, 2009
So today is a list of things I get to do today:
-get off work at 1pm (whoo-hoo)
-start jumping rope (see video: http://soonereyo.blip.tv/#1762059 )
-take pups for a walk/run
-finish up on wedding bouquet (bridesmaids bouquets are done...I'll send pics tonight)
-work on wall hangings with Loverboy (he did such a wonderful job with the other one!!!)
-start working on wedding music files (yeah, haven't started them yet, but need to sit down with Loverboy so we're not playing Slayer or Incubus)
-clean out fridge and put together healthy meals for the next couple of days
-clean out Blazer to go help friend move tomorrow
-do Biggest Loser workout and have Jillian kick my arse
-stop buying crappy "diet" foods, and learn how to eat normal, healthy, and organic foods (stop buying 100 calorie packs or fat free foods...majority tastes like crap, and it's pricey!!!)
-finish laundry and put away loaded dishwasher from last night
-start working on seating chart and writing out table placecards (at least names until seating chart completed)
-rebudget wedding stuff (and why didn't we do this at the start of the wedding...no idea, we're just winging it here, maybe not the best thing to do, but we're getting by okay)
-post more stuff on etsy (I need some spending cash)
Okay...it's 11:02am...now they've said with all the questions, this meeting is going on until 12:30pm. Yeah, that's not gonna happen!
11:06am...can I not strangle people for asking so many questions? Thank you operator lady for coming on and saying all other questions will be addressed in writing due to being WAY late on the continuation of the study review.
Oh well, things will get done eventually...surprisingly I'm not so stressed about the wedding lately, which is a good thing, and I'm becoming more laid back with what's going...not as laid back as Loverboy, who comes home and plays his video games again without worrying about wedding plans, but less than I was before. Maybe my brain is just saying to go with the flow, freaking out never helped anyone....though procrastination is a strong point of mine. In the infamous words of George Bush..."Not gu-nna duh it."
ACK, more questions...I need to rip out my hair now.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
That is as long as I don't start my heinous snacking habits again!!! Zoinks!
Okay, so centerpieces are FINALLY completed, finished those up the other day. Last night I completed the bridesmaid bouquets (nothing fancy, girls, but their really cute, and I think they'll look lovely against your dresses, which I can't wait to see!!!), pics will go up tonight or tomorrow...let me know what you think. The favors need to be worked on tonight, even though I've only received 54 responses so far (I haven't even gotten back 1/2 the response cards, and the deadline is April 16th)...oi vay!!! I still need to plan the menu, and figure out what I can throw together. I broke down and asked my Mom if she would be interested in making a sheet cake...yeah, just a sheet cake. We're not doing anything elaborate in the dessert department, no 3 tier gorgeous waterfall cake with the bride and groom on top and layers of fondant and sugared roses with lattice and ribbons...nope. I'd be happy with a giant cupcake cake with the bride and groom sitting on top indian style...lol. But the cupcake would have to be lemon...that's the only thing. Make it like a giant zinger with raspberry filling...hmmm...now THAT sounds tasty!!!
So enough about food, I'm starving and haven't eating anything other than a small banana and a 100 calorie pack of Lorne Doone cookies.
What else...oh, they messed up Loverboy's suit...actually, they gave him ANOTHER person's suit. Apparently there were 2 people at the same time with similar suits (both black, but the striping and buttons were different) that were getting fitted. The other individual was apparently a large man, but they altered his suit for Loverboy's dimensions...are you kidding me? So either the suit is still at the shop, or they OTHER guy has his suit. So Loverboy had to return the suit, and is waiting to get his back...when that'll be, I have no idea. Thank you Loverboy for doing this weeks BEFORE the wedding!!! The groomsmen have their suits, no problem there.
My girls have their dresses in the works, I can't wait to see you guys!!! My wedding skirt is supposed to be shipped this week, and the flowergirl skirt should follow. I have my top, it's just a matter of whether it flows with the skirt or not (I'm going to need to take some pics without Loverboy around) and if not, find a top that fits pronto!!! I need shoes, I'm making a garter, and I'm making flower clips for our hair (if you gals want) of the blue hibiscuis that's incorporated into the centerpieces and the bouquets...I'll make one or two to see what you gals think. I need a flowergirl top...and thank you to my sis in law who just got her white shoes for easter (score!!!).
What else...my wonderful friend Kat is whoring off her husband Andy to be my bitch for the day...lol...her words, not mine. Andy is an AWESOME photographer starting up his own business, and I am blessed that he is going to be our wedding photographer...now it's a matter of where do I need him, when do I need him...yada yada yada. My friend Brother S also asked if he could take pics too for his portfolio as well, hey, heck yeah!!! So I've got 2 photographers there, we're borrowing Loverboy's Dad's speakers to hook up to a laptop with tons of music (Linds, I ADORE those CD's you sent me on my b-day, you rock!), I got a bunch of decorations from Big Lots thanks to Lindsey (they had the netting with shells already on them, that's almost exactly what we were going to make, now I just need to add flowers and they are ready to hang...super easy!!!), and we've decided no archway for the dancefloor for the ceremony...just something extra that would be in the way. My friend Angie is loaning us her envelope box (super cute) for the gift table, as well as a cake serving set...both will go back to Ang after so she can save them for her daughters wedding (which hopefully isn't for years since she's only 12!!!). Yeah for recycling wedding stuff!!!
Big upset was the rings...I sent a convo to the indivitual at etsy to see what the status was on the rings last week...apparently he hadn't put up a listing for me to purchase the order, so that meant that he hadn't started MAKING the rings. It was over a month after I talked to him, so needless to say I was little peeved that he didn't even remember talking on the phone for almost an hour about the rings and about what he does, what tools he uses, and how he got started. I know I don't need them NOW, but I'd like to have them in adequate time to make sure they fit and are what we want BEFORE the wedding, and not have to wait last minute in case we do need to look elsewhere...GRRRRRR!!!! He appologized and said he remembered the conversation, and that he's a little busy right now because of spring and summer weddings...I told him that's why I contacted him in FEBRUARY!!! Lets see if he comes through, these rings better be worth it!!!
So other than that, bridal shower is going on on the 19th, week after Easter. No idea what's going on with that, how am I going to be able to sit while everyone watches me open gifts? I feel like it's going to be like birthdays at my parents house, everyone sits and watches you open presents, then oh's and ah's, or laughs, or in the back of their mind is thinking "Why the heck did she want that?!?!?" Oh well, lol...that's all I've gotta say for that. Plus it's not like we even have the room right now for anything, so looks like stuff is gonna get packed away back in Loverboy's Dad's garage until we redo the kitchen...sigh. Oh lord, please grant me the patience until we redo the kitchen and I have space to actually work with a stove that doesn't smell like gas sometimes, and space that I can actually put everything in the cabinets instead of on the counter, or on the washer and dryer.
So that's that. I'm drained just writing, and I have no idea what I just wrote!!! I've spewed anything that's come out of my fingers at the moment...now I think I'm going to go to Starbucks for some caffiene...and maybe a cookie. I'd like a cookie. Not that I NEED a cookie. Perhaps a scone then...but I don't like scones really, but I've never had a scone from Starbucks...maybe I should just get some coffee and lunch...but then what am I going to have for lunch? Shall I eat healthy...I have to since I had a Cinabon yesterday...man, I still feel sick from that Cinabon yesterday. Note to self....no more Cinabon's...why am I aimlessly ranting...I dunno, my brain is on overdrive and my fingers are taking over to remove it from what's left upon my noggin atop my shoulders...maybe I should do water day, I feel like crap right now...but my stomach is talking to me, like in that episode of Seinfeld "Helllll-oooooo...la la la"...welcome to my world, this is how my brain is 24/7...I'm out...need substance.
Monday, March 30, 2009
So with all that going on, and the economy being megasucky, work hours got cut...I'm working 32 instead of 40 hours a week now. Better that than lay offs, even though that seems great, a 3 day weekend to get more stuff done, that's one less day that we can use to PAY for the wedding. Zoinks!!! So this is contributing to some bad choices in eating habits!!! ARG!!! Loverboy used to have Monday's off, so I was thinking that'd be great that we'd have 2 days off together. Not anymore. His hours got changed from Tues-Sat, to Mon-Friday...and usually Sat is me running around doing errands, laundry and dishes and I wouldn't be able to see him during the day anyway. Now I'll be seeing him even less since I'll be running around while he's at home playing his video games (or gets kicked into helping with the centerpieces again...hee hee), while I try not to pull out my hair, pray that my skirt comes in the next 2 weeks, and wonder why the guy making the rings hasn't gotten back to me yet...SERENITY NOW!!! I need a T-shirt that says that, I'd wear it everyday.
So that's my schpeal...stress eating. I try to keep cut up veggies in the fridge, or keep fruit on hand, but I go for the salty and chocolatey stuff. Those new 60 calorie Sugar Free dark chocolate Jello pudding cups are my new downfall...I get stressed, I grab 2 or even 3 of those things!!! Though its only 180 calories, it's 180 unneeded calories. Better that than a pint of chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Baskin Robbins, though that DOES sound tempting now. What are some things you guys do to help prevent stress eating? I'd love to go walking, but the weather is so iffy right now, we even got an inch of snow yesterday...on a sidenote, I didn't end up doing the 5K Shamrock Shuffle yesterday due to a sore throat AND the inch of snow on the ground, I heard there were runners and walkers slipping on the ice, and thank god I didn't do it cause I'd be the one to break my leg from falling. NOT something I want to do less than 2 months prior to the wedding (even though the skirt is long enough to cover a cast...yikes, bit my tongue wench!!!).
So that's that, please help or I won't be able to fit into my skirt and will look like the staypuff marshmallow man on my wedding day!!!
Monday, March 2, 2009
So Loverboy's Grandpa passed away after a grueling couple of months of alzheimers, head contusions from falling out of his wheelchair, to strokes, to seizures, then blood problems due to the seizure medication...they let him go last Thursday night after giving him morphine, removing the feeding tubes, medication tubes, and saline. He went quickly and quietly, just like he'd been asking them to do the past couple of weeks. Loverboy is a little upset since he really didn't have a relationship with his Grandpa, apparently the Grandparents didn't have much of a relationship with any of the Grandkids...that just urks me.
My Grandma ended up in the hospital over a week ago (found out via email from my Mom), but is home now. She's a little shaky, but doing well. Loverboy's Grandma also ended up back in the hospital 2 weeks after having kidney stenting due to a hiatal hernia. Doc told her to wear a girdle and come back when she could due to her husbands passing (Loverboy's Mom has been calling us with all the details).
What else...we were having septic problems (no, we're not lucky enough to have the city put sewers by us) due to all the snow, and melting, and rain...it was nutso!
Survived another birthday, we're gonna celebrate next Friday with drunken volleyball at North Beach. Drinking starts at 7pm, volleyball starts from 9-10pm...Loverboy is my DD (finally I can go out and drink and have an escort!!!) It was a low key weekend, got the majority of the invitations done (they're in the mail ladies), relaxed on Saturday night with junk food and watching Battlestar on Sci-Fi, and went to bed early. Sunday went to my folks to celebrate the Feb birthdays...Loverboy, sis in law, brother, and me. My little bro was in there too since we weren't able to celebrate his b-day in Jan (that was the night that our parents met his fiance's parents...they're getting married in September). Came home after playing Pictionary for an hour, relaxed, and went to bed early so I could get in today early to get files cleaned up for a monitor who's coming to review them tomorrow morning. Plus I have to leave at 3pm to catch a train to go for a 5pm dentist appt...never a dull moment!
Man, I can't wait till I work closer to home, the search will start within the next month and a half, goal is still to leave this job before the wedding so I can save all the vacation time when I quit, nice little amount of time saved up. Right now I've got 101 hours saved up (that's about a week and a half right now). I'm taking off 2 days next week, but that'll still leave me with 2 weeks, plus whatever I accumulate between now and then...so yeah, a nice little cushion to hold on to. Plus with the days worth of sick time I've got saved up, I'd need to use that since they don't pay out on sick time. So that's a freebie off day between now and then too...just hope I don't need to take the day off for actually being sick (but then again, I rarely do that anyways...I'll take my DayQuil and tough it out).
So that's that...another year here, another year gone, not too exciting. This week I need to either find a dress, or purchase a gorgeous skirt I found on etsy, then find a top to go with it.
If I get that skirt, I'm going to get this skirt for my niece (who's my flowergirl):
And then find her either a leotard with beading and sparkles on top, or I'll make her something with sparkles and jewels on it.
Other than that, still working on the favors (almost done), need to find out about food, need to push Loverboy to get the suit, as well as his groomsmen...the hotel rooms are booked, the hall is booked, decorations are in the process once I get measurements from the hall (need to do that this week hopefully), I'm gonna meet up with Loverboy's cousin's wife to go over centerpieces (she used to be a florist and will charge for supplies only, and I've got a good idea for that too)...so it's all a work in progress. Unfortunately, I still have a bridezilla contacting me if I need help with planning or finding a dress...how do you politely tell her to back off and that you don't care what she wants, it's not her wedding and you don't value ANY of her input...and that she's a major B and you want nothing to do with her, and you're only inviting her because of her husband, who's a friend of yours? Hm....that'd be an interesting Hallmark card, I can tell ya that!
Oh well, take care, and I hope to write back sooner than later!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
So I got a call from my brother to see what date we were going to pick for the group birthdays: my sis in law, brother, Loverboy, me, and my little brother who's birthday was in Jan. I had talked to my sis in law about 2 weeks ago and we decided it'd be nice to do it on a Sunday since Loverboy worked on Saturdays and we wanted to include him. I told sis in law to double check with brother to see if it worked, then let me know and I could talk with little bro to see if it jived. Well, got an email from my Mom yesterday (apparently she had talked to sis in law on Friday and said they were going to do it on Saturday the 28th), and I said to talk to sis in law since it was up to them.
So the call was brother saying they didn't want to be in charge of choosing the birthdate since Mom had said that they wanted to do it on the 28th (my actual b-day), and that Sunday didn't "work" for them. In other words, my father, the martini man, would not be in good spirits or would be intoxicated by the time we'd get there. They asked me to choose the date, I said March 1st, Sunday, and if they were going to do it on Saturday, I wasn't going to make it because Loverboy should be there too...sis in law said it's only one day and that martini man and Mom should just suck it up, I wholeheartedly agree.
So I call Mom to confirm the date, she says she's not thrilled with Sunday due to the drinking, and that Saturday would work for them. I tried to explain that Loverboy, who's been working Saturday afternoons for the past year, wouldn't be able to make it and we want to be able to celebrate his birthday too. She said she was tired of the "cat and mouse game" that was going on trying to figure out the date, no one's had a problem with a Sunday except for her, and then I tried to explain that there's 5 of us this year deciding what day it's going to be...everyone else has their own birthday/birthday month...it's just Feb is now packed with birthdays (also including my niece, but she gets her own princess party day). She asked what we're having for lunch (someone usually chooses), I said little bro is in charge and would let her know...he got screwed on his Jan birthday, so he gets to pick. Cake? Sis in law and brother are in charge of that...I'm easing up on the sweets as it is anyways...she'll get an email from them. So THEN she gives this massive sigh, says she's gotta go, love ya, then hangs up. She hung up on me...me, the messenger trying to figure out what was going on for the birthdays. I'd rather not even go over there anymore, this seems to be a big hassle to her, and I'm sorry that we can't accomodate a Sunday alcoholic (not that everyday isn't alcohol day, but Sunday is martini day), and that there's 5 of us who aren't getting our own day to celebrate our own birthday (I've always celebrated my birthday with my older brother, it was one cake, one dinner...we usually swapped turns on what we wanted to eat per what kind of cake or dessert we wanted every year...now there's 2 more in the mix, and little bro due to an Jan birthday scheduling technicality).
I'm stressed out. I really don't need this from her, but I shouldn't expect anything less. She's always on her tiptoes with that man, he's never going to change, and I'm seriously waiting for his liver or kidneys to go out due to the excessive drinking. And this coming when I'm trying to order invitations for the wedding and skim a source doc draft for work (yeah, I'll finish that on the train)...I know I need to breathe, but I had a mini break down when I was trying to find out how many Thank You cards I had gotten from Michaels when they closed the store in the next town over...I'm going to need to get some more. It actually started after Loverboy asked me if I was okay, then I brokedown and started to cry on the couch. Loverboy sat with me as I sat, blubbering, holding my hand..he's seriously the best and I'm lucky to be marrying him (though there have been times I almost previously left him...multiple times...he seems to redeem himself accordingly).
Why does my life have to suck so much right now, I wanna crawl under a rock and hide for the next month or so...but AFTER I do my taxes and pay off bills/wedding dress (which I still have no idea about and need to find) /doc bills/wedding stuff in general...someone please clone me or send me some cheap help...I'll pay in meatballs.
Monday, February 9, 2009
First I was in Miami for less than 48 hours for a work meeting, then I had a dentist appt where I'm getting a whitening tray and getting my partial fake tooth fixed before the wedding (accident in the 4th grade when I was pushed into a metal bar on the playground...chipped my front tooth, but hey, it's still there but discolored for 20 something years, not too shabby that it's still there)...had a lady doc appt, where as I have to go back on Feb 23rd (not thrilled, need an ultrasound, not for being prego, but for other concerns, pray with me that it's nothing and my ovaries are fine), finally got new books from Loverboy's Dad for invitations for the wedding which should be coming in either over the weekend or next Monday, started working on my taxes and balancing my checkbook (this is a mother of a month with the car insurance and doc bills coming in), 2 of Loverboy's autos (the Olds and the truck) are both having transmission issues, mine was last year so I'm glad it's not all 3 cars this year, found out Loverboy's Mom's Dad is in the hospital after having a stroke (trying to find out how he's doing), work is kicking my keister, I'm so friggin busy...my Mother is bothering me with dates for when we're going to do the "group" birthdays...Feb is a hellion for birthdays: me, Loverboy, about 6 friends, my brother, sis in law, and niece. Yeah, it's the party month...just need to make sure I don't chow down everything.
Speaking of chow down, I lost 3.2 pounds this past week!!! Whoot! I've been watching the Biggest Loser and Bulging Brides on the FLN (I think it's Fine Living Network)...hey, if a 350+ person can run a 6.0 on a treadmill, why can't I? Yeah, I need to up my ante...and actually took the pups on a 20 minute walk/run yesterday. Yeah, we're all out of shape. Try joggin with 2 80+ dogs both trying to run in front of you (making you kick them in the hienie) or after random squirrels running in neighbors yards...not fun, but it did kick my butt! By the time we got back, they both passed out on the floor, and I was still raring to do chores around the house. I'm going to try to do that 3 times a week if I can, extending the time and distance everyother time. I haven't been able to do much with training for the Shamrock Shuffle, and I'm hoping I don't cop out and do the 5k walk...I'm kinda excited to do my first 8k. Plus, the more I run, the more I lose. I've lost 12.2 pounds since Jan 1st, which according to Weight Watchers is a 5% goal loss...my BMI is now 34.9, as opposed to 36.8 right after surgery. I'm still considered morbidly obese, and I'm hoping to get it down to at least 30 or under before the wedding. I've got 13 weeks to go, I think I can pull it off as long as I step up my workouts.
So busy life, losing weight, no time to relax (though I did take off last Thurs and Fri for doc appts and wedding stuff, I don't call that a day off)...
Speaking of wedding stuff, I FINALLY got Loverboy to go out and look for tuxes/suits. Turns out that since there's only 3 of them (Loverboy and 2 groomsmen) that it'll still cost anywhere from $120-$160 for a rental, no deals unless there's 5 other guys renting. Suck it, MW Tux, we're not using you. We were driving around and found a place called Dress It Up, in the more cultural section of town, and found an awesome suit for $200 with coat, vest and pants! $10 for alterations, and they can give us a deal if the other 2 groomsmen buy from them too. That's up to Loverboy, he's getting them, so he's gotta make the appointments, I have nothing to do with what he wears the day of the wedding, though getting that suit is quite a deal as opposed to renting a tux. Also got Loverboy to go with me to register for stuff at the infamous Bed Bath and Beyond (where everyone getting married has a registry). I was surprised at some of the items that he picked out...what guy tried to multi-match sheets with comforter sets? Where did this man come from!?!?
So takin it one day at a time, getting healthier, planning the wedding, and hopefully looking for a job closer to home within the next 2 months...I want to leave my job BEFORE the wedding...then I'll have all that vacation time to relax...hey, 90 hours is nothing to laugh at right now, and I'll even accumulate more by then...adios till I have another breather moment!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
So doing weight watchers, didn't lose any weight this past week, but didn't gain any either. It keeps snowing, so I'm peeved that I can't go out and start running outside yet. Found out that the Village has a Community Center, it's $25 for a 2 year membership....yup, that sounds good to me. Only deal is that it's only open past 4 pm 3 days a week, and it's not open on the weekends...oh well, at least I can get 3 days in of working out...and for $25, I'm not going to complain. Plus that gives me incentive to use some of my vacation days to take a day here or there off and sneak in some extra training...then again, I have no idea what this place looks like, on the website there's a couple of treadmills that have elderly people on them...maybe I should look into this place more before I join...
So that's the latest and the greatest. Looking to clean out the storage facility this weekend so we can save an extra $159 a month (and here I thought we were going to be almost done with the floor in the living room/dining room...we haven't even started!!!) that can go towards bills, and I'm praying for my W-2 to come in the mail so I can either knock out bills, or put it towards the wedding (which I'm sure it'll go partial for both). I'm also heading to Miami for a day and a half next week, I'm not a big fan where I fly in the day of the meeting, then the next day when the meetings end I'm back on a flight to come home...at least I don't have anything planned that weekend, and I'm not going to. Loverboy will either have to do the laundry, or learn how to make underwear out of hand towels...and if he wants a dish he'll have to wash it cause I'm hiding the paper plates (TOTAL cop out if ya ask me).
It's snowing upwards, but then again, I see all kinds of crazy weather patterns on the 27th floor of a Chicago high rise...the only time I'm not a fan is when there's 30+ mile wind gusts that literally sway the building (and the faster the gusts, the more the building shakes)...freaks me out.
Hopefully within the next 3 months that'll change. Goal? To find a job right before the wedding, give my 2 weeks notice so I'm done the week before the wedding, get married, then start the new job and new life about a week or 2 after. Hey, I'm saving up all this vacation time for a reason, nice going away paycheck...I get paid for unused vacation time, just not personal or sick time..so those are all used up. Right now I've got about 103 hours right now, that's over 2 1/2 weeks right now...even if I use up a day here and there, I'm still guaranteed, by the time I leave, almost 3 weeks in pay. Yeah, nice little nest egg which can either be used for time off or for the wedding again...I'm thinkin ahead.
I need a nap, I'm thinkin' too much these days...
Thursday, January 15, 2009
So yeah, coming home from work, the thermometer in my car shows -12 as the temp outside. Negative 12 degrees, yup, my car has never shown me a negative temperature before, I had to take a second glance while hitting the breaks and not giving a gentle nudge to the person in front of me. Yowza!!!
So it's a happy day. Happy why? It was fullfilling. I got a bunch done at work, getting a dentist appt for Loverboy somewhere in our area code (I don't know why we would drive 45 minutes to see some guy the guys he works with go to), I'm way under points (11 so far actually) but I'm super full and was only hungry enough for half of my new turkey veggie concocxion burger with tater tots and a 8oz Sierra Mist. Think I'm going to start changing out tortillas for huge romaine lettuce leaves, work just as well, no points, better for ya, and gettin the greens in for the day. Woot!
Tomorrow I get to leave early from work, and Saturday I get to meet up with a friend and check out some bridal dresses to get ideas I can touch rather than just look at something online (and I love my girls for helping me out and sending me all those wonderful links). Yeah, it's been a good day. Here's to many more good days in 2009.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
1. I'm tubby, unhappy, in debt, and getting married in 5 months...lol. Actually, not to sad about that, just living life day to day.
2. I've lived a long and unusual life, and I'm only 32. I've had more things happen and done more things that I'm not happy about than most people will experience in their lifetimes. However, each of these is a lesson learned and a lesson to improve thy self upon. Get over it, take it one day at a time.
3. I have a better relationship with my friends parents than I do with my own. I can't get my Mother to come and visit, she's been to the house once in the past 4 years that I've lived here and feels the need to send me 3 line emails to see how I'm doing. It's rare if I get a phone call, and that usually means she's asking if I'm going to so and so's for a family gathering, or if I can send her some pictures by email. I've since stopped replying to her emails with anything more than "Things are fine, Matt says hi, talk more later". My father, God forbid he picks up the phone to call, and he only calls if I call, the machine picks up, and I'm screaming "Someone has to be home, pick up the phone." I miss Lindsey's Dad, he always made me feel good about myself.
4. I cannot STAND my sister. We've never been close, I don't agree how she's pawning my nephew on my Mother 24-7, or someother unlucky soul, and has the gall to tell me she can't afford something (I can't think of anything at the moment of what started the conversation) because she has to pay for her son (ex-bf is in the pic, but they're psycho to each other)...yet she had 2 dogs that she couldn't take care of, had to get rid of one since they were both alpha males, has a cat that looks like a stray, goes to Chicago and to the museums as much as she can get, goes out to dinner with her BF (whom I love by the way, he's the best guy she's ever been with, and have there been plenty), can afford to get a second car, but gets mad at me when I don't pay her $25 that went towards a birthday gift for my Mom even though she owes me $111 from paying for supplies for remodeling our parents bathroom as a Christmas present last year? She's blood, but I know who my true sisters are.
5. I can have a nasty temper that I've learned to control, and by nasty, I mean full out Hulk, get in your face, don't F with me, who do you think you are...yeah, like that. Sometimes it starts to come out, but I've learned to spew it all into blog postings, otherwise I watch Loverboy play World of Warcraft and kill the bad guys. I think that's not only spewed from my Dad, but from bad relationships I've had in the past...this is the only one that made sense. I appologize for all the stupid things I've done in the past based off stupid guys, my girls and friends are the only true ones that matter, and I lost a chunk of my life because of it that I'll never get back...someone should have given me shock therapy, I was an idiot.
6. Sometimes I want to kick Loverboy in the head because he plays that WOW game so friggin much. Last week, he played everynight, on the 54 inch TV that he got, which has surround sound. I couldn't watch anything on the DVR, so I sat, crocheting scarves to donate to a local shelter in the next town over (if I can get anyone on the phone). If he put as much effort in cleaning the garage that he has into that game, we'd be able to get the storage unit I got, thinking we were going to load it up while we had the living room floor ripped up, which isn't happening with these subarctic temperatures. So stuffs in storage, I'm paying $159 a month (only 2 months so far) so he can sit on his a$$ and play his video game. I actually went off on him about this, he can start paying for it if he can't clean up the garage, and I'LL play the video games. We'll be cleaning out the storage this weekend.
7. I like liversausage. I said it, I don't care! That's the one thing I'll eat before donating blood cause I know my iron levels will be up. Sue me!
8. I would one day like to be able to travel to Cairo. Why, you ask? I have no friggin clue, but there's a calling for some reason...since I was a kid, I'm destined to go there someday. Maybe it started after watching an Indiana Jones movie, who knows...I'm gonna go someday.
9. I want to buy a ton of land and have multiple houses on it for all my friends to come and live...of course I'll have to win the lottery to do this, but hey, mortgage free? Who'd say no to that?
10. I'm tired, betcha didn't know that? It's almost midnight, I'm mentally drained and have to get up at 5am...hopefully. I wanna work extra hours so I can leave early on Friday, and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's high of -1 degrees. Nope, I'm really not.
So that's that, my 10 Memes...I'm not tagging anyone unless you want to do this too. 10 things that no one knows about you that you feel comfortable sharing.
Monday, January 12, 2009
I've lost 5.4 pounds in one week!!! Yup,
So yeah, I'm a happy camper. And that was without even exercising, giving me hope that I can be a healthier me in 2009...whoo-hoo (had to say it again...I'm almost at the weight I was when I first met Loverboy, hoping I can get under that within the next month, and even more by the wedding). I only major thing I did that would be considered "exercise" was the 45 minutes I took to shovel the driveway...without the snowblower (that thing is Satan on wheels, I'll tell ya that). Maybe I'll start walking if the snow doesn't stop me like it did over the weekend...and here I was going to start the "couch to 5K"...I've got an 8K Shamrock Shuffle with my name on it coming up, and if I don't do the 8K run, I've always fot the 5K walk.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Okay, enough vent.
I saw one of the most disgusting, yet most intriguing things on the way to work the other day. This could seriously be a separate blog all together of the crap I see...from peeing homeless guys, to fecal matter in the street, to dirty diapers being flung out of car windows....to my latest encounter. On the bridge, under Michigan Avenue, were the ripped wings of a pigeon just laying there like nobody's business. That wasn't the disturbing part, the thing that really caught my attention, and an iron stomach to not hurl at the moment, was that the wings had been placed in a perfect pattern. They were positioned and placed together about 4 inches apart as if the bird was previously in flight, almost like angel wings when they're completely outstretched. Now if you've got a queasy stomach, stop right here, because I'm going to say something that's kinda gross...you could tell that someone knew what they were doing by the way the bones in the wings were intact. They were ripped perfectly from the ball and socket joint, you could see the bone and then the feathers of the wing...again, I try to stop the heaves that are a commin...
This was as disturbing to me as watching the floating grocery bag in American Beauty...why is it there, how did it get there, and why am I strangely staring at it and wondering what happened? I almost took a picture, but thought it morbid...seriously, that's not normal, right? Don't worry, I'm not going all artsy fartsy on ya's...just one of my many eff-d up daily Chicago encounters.
So that's that, who tears off the wings of a pigeon? Did he eat the rest for lunch? Bleah...not tasty, and I'll never know since I'm not keen on eating pigeon unless I have to hunt for it (and we know THAT ain't gonna happen)...what kick puppy does that, then leaves the wings outstretched where people like myself walk by it? May I never witness that again.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
So here are what I'd like to call not necessarily resolutions, but accomplishments I'd like to achieve in 2009. Resolutions sound too demanding, that if you don't comply that you'll be ridiculed for the rest of your life. So here goes...
1. To eat healthier and make smarter choices in the food department. I'm not saying weight loss since that's a major downer due to family gatherings, company lunches or parties, or getting together with the girls for a movie night or wine tasting gathering. If I start to make smarter choices and watch what I eat, then the weight should just come off naturally. I'm not even saying that I want to lose 40 pounds by May (non realistic, but non the less, it'd be nice to do), but by portion and food control, I could reach that goal. Every little bit helps. Also by doing this and putting more healthy choices in my corner will help me not only battle obesity, but multiple medical problems, disease, blood pressure problems, clogged arteries, and strain on my being as a whole. This means cooking better, more food from scratch, less food that is premade or quickly deep fried for a tasty treat...and bringing my lunch to work throughout the week rather than relying on frozen dinners or microwaveable delights(unless it's to heat up homemade food).
2. I will exercise more. I'm not saying I'm going to go out and join a gym (though I'm thinking about it), but going out for walks after dinner, or on the weekends with the dogs (weather permitting). Not staying inside in the summer when it's hot outside when I could be burning fat pulling weeds, working on the garden, making the yard pretty (with what I can do with it right now till be can actually start to do landscape)...I had a lazy year this year and I'm kicking myself for it. Again, this goes in hand with number 1 as well, it will help me be healthier, strengthen joints, and increase my overall health to fight medical issues, diabetes, cardiac health, etc. Hopefully this will also help my constant battle with injuring myself as I did this past year. Here's to no injuries other than papercuts and splinters in 2009!
3. I will stop buying every piece of crappy thing that calls my name. I've actually done quite well the past couple of months, but I need to keep up with that. I do NOT need bamboo placemats that I say I'm going to use for craft inspiration...it's all still in a bag under my computer desk begging to be used. I do NOT need to buy colored pipe cleaners and boa's to make pencil pals in Christmas colors (something I was going to do prior to the holidays, but will stay hidding until next Christmas if I feel perky enough to make them). I WILL not buy anymore cake pans just because they're on sale, I neither have the room, nor the time, nor the waistline to make the goodness shown on the sleeve of the pan. I will NOT purchase clothing just because it's on clearance, that glittery shirt looked cute on the hanger, and for $5 was a steal, but I am not at the age to go clubbing with the twenty-somethings anymore...I'm old.
4. In hand with #3, I will learn to manage my money better. I will also pay myself first and learn to consolidate credit cards as to lower finance charges, monthly payments, and eventually be able to get rid of some of my credit cards. I do not need 10 different methods of credit cards, if I need more credit, I'll ask for an increase on an already used card. This also includes store credit cards, I do not need a credit card to Torrid or Kohl's if I only grace that store once a year...it's not worth it to keep it on my credit report or my conscience.
5. I will plan on spending more time with myself. Not that I'm not with myself 24/7, but I do more for others than I do for myself. I do not feel that I need to stretch myself paper thin to be socially active, then feel stressed that I can't make it to every party/gathering/birthday that I am invited to. It is okay to say "No", and I will begin to say it more often if I feel that I am not treating myself accordingly. I can go to the movies by myself, I can see a play if I want to, and I can go to a concert without the need to have someone with me...if I want to do this by myself, then I will. Hence causing less stress, and increasing my own mental and physical health (going hand in hand with #1). This also includes trying to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night, sleeping is a much needed act that I need to start taking more seriously.
6. I'd like to be more organized and clean in the process. However, this is difficult while living in a construction zone, but I feel that I have been leaching off this fact in turn creating MORE problems. I will start off with small things and do daily affirmations of what I will try to accomplish for that day/week (depending on the project, Sarah talked about flylady, but I deleted the daily emails since there were all repeating themselves and ended up turning into more junk email), writing things in a calendar, and letting Loverboy know in advance when there will be a family gathering, where it is, and if he's available. In turn, when the house does come into order (someday, maybe when I'm 50?), then it will be easier to incorporate that into the rest of the living space and in turn my sanity. Keeping in with the being more organized, I will also not feel the need to constantly sign up for anything under the sun online, and in turn get daily spam-mail that gets my blood boiling.
7. I will increase my knowledge through books, museums, and culture. I love going to the museums, zoo's, aquariums...heck, Chicago is a major cultural icon of the United States!!! And here I take it for granted, saying that I enjoyed it during grade school holding a sack lunch while on a field trip taking the bus from the suburbs. I did go to the Shedd Aquarium by myself back in 2004, but have not ventured anywhere since then (it was my birthday present to myself, and the first time I'd ventured out without my boot on from breaking my foot playing Turkey Bowl 2003 with the boys...ah the priorites). I would love to see the new exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry, or see the new African frogs they just got at the Brookfield Zoo, or experience the light show at the Adler Planetarium...and I will, this year I will. Plus I am going to begin reading a book a month again. I am not going to push myself for more, but if I read more, then bonus to me.
8. I would like to travel more this year, go to places I've never been before. Scenarios like this do not necessarily require great deals of money either, but just nice road trips, going to the surrounding towns around where I live, check out the history of where I'm at...I'd like to start a map with all the places that I've been (Lindsey had a map like that when we were kids, I was amazed at all the places that she'd been to). Plus I'd like to check out the rafting up in Wisconsin, or even out towards Virginia...I've heard good things about both.
9. Patience is a virtue and one that I have increasing been losing throughout the years. Whether it be a patient who doesn't read what they're supposed to, or a rampant child that I feel the need to correct (and an not their Mother, so what am I doing), or someone in the 10 items or less lane with a full cart, or even with Loverboy and the state of our living conditions...I can have a nasty temper that lurks and strikes when I least expect it too. I will learn to step back, assess the situation, and either deal with it in a calm manner, or remove myself completely from the scenario if I have no other choice. I think this will also help out with #1 in the health/stress situation.
10. I will more involved when it comes to the environment. I try to recycle about 75% off everything that comes in the house, I even have sacks from stores so when I go there, I don't need plastic bags...and guess what I forget to bring everytime I go to that store? I'm good about junk mail (and need to bring this to Loverboy's attention when I take junkmail out of his garbage can by his desk) and recycling paper, I breakdown cardboard and try to recycle by the numbers that our Lions Club location recycles for plastics...I need to be better with food wastes since we do have a compost corner in the back yard. I am a HUGE fan of farmers markets and shopping local (there's a grocery store down the way that sells fresh chicken/eggs/beef from a local farmer down the road), but I also need to learn that I do not have to go to the farmers markets every weekend. I have a garden, but I need to utilize it better, and I am thankful for my Aerogarden (yes, I got one) where I can grow fresh herbs in my kitchen...the only thing with that is the amount of electricity it uses, but it makes a great nightlite! I'm looking into solar panels and wind turbines for the house with Loverboy, we're waiting for pricing to go down and see what we can do about getting our own power cells for the house. Not that we expect to be off the grid, but we want to see what we can do to help out with the money aspect (as long as it doesn't become an impulse or crappy buy).
11. I will write more in my blog! I can write in more whimsical, interesting info rather than the latest nasty vomitious spew going on in my life, though it may not be as interesting as my monthly dilemmas. I will try to be more upbeat and not so depressing (though sometimes that's half the entertainment right there). SO here's to a better blogginess for 2009.
So there are the accomplishments I'd like to achieve for 2009. Ask me in 2 months if I've even started any of these, most likely I'll have already dropped half of them. But I will at least start off with these today, I have no inkling to blow these off right now, but with a little sweat and persevearance, I think these can be quite achievable.
I'm off to clean off my computer desk and clean out the fridge...hopefully I'll complete both tasks before getting bored and crashing in front of the TV with Loverboy...who's taken today as a task to clean the garage to the point where we can sort of have a living room back before the floor gets ripped out...serenity now I tell ya, and putting the loveseat in storage is no easy feat, but can hopefully get done by the end of the day.
Bless all who've kept up with me this past year, and hope you're accomplishments are within your grasp!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
The day after Christmas (Dec 26th) I'd gone to Sam's Club to stock up on Mountain Dew for Loverboy (who basically drinks it like it's going out of style...but hey, he gets stuff done around the house, so who cares, right?) and ended up getting a flat tire in the parking lot. May all you older men watching a woman in sweats, kneeling in an inch of thawed iceberg water, be pummeled for not assisting a damsel in distress changing a tire...though one guy did stop by, but only after he had finished his cigarette at the time where I was just taking the tire off to put the new one on...hey, at least there was effort. So I dropped by to see Loverboy to see if the tire was shot, or if he could plug it up and then swap it back with the spare to put it back under the car (yes, with the Blazer, the tire is under the car...and difficult to access when needed...speaking from experience). So as the tire is being put back under the car, I decided to put the manual back in the glovebox. Mind you, the truck is by the lift, the machine that lifts the car/truck so you can either put back on a tire comfortably, or work under the automobile comfortably. So I put the book in the glovebox, take a step back to close the door...next thing you know I'm on the floor. I jump back up, look around to see who witnessed my once again graceful rendition of non-swan lake, and then looked to see what had aided me in my newest klutz act. The lift arms...they were pushed outwards out of the way so the car could be driven away from the lift. My right wrist was throbbing, my left foot felt like a nail was thrust through it...more on that later...I seriously don't know who's side of the family I get this from, when I find out, I'm going to punch them in the kidney.
So weekend comes and goes, I'm lethargic and do nothing but watch TV, read emails, and keep my foot up. Monday I'm in pain, so I call to see a doc and get x-rays. "We want you to see an orthopaedic surgeon, apparently you have a detatched 4th digit in your left foot". Detatched? As in dislocation? The wrist was fine, just sprained (thank goodness, but still sucky for workin on the computer and lifting a gallon of milk). So it's end of the month, end of the year, I can't take a day off to save my life, but if I don't, then I won't get seen for 2 weeks. Fine, I'll take off NYE...ah, a 5 day weekend!!! Office is closed New Years day, and we all decided to use vacation time and close down on Friday for an extended holiday. So go to the docs yesterday...yeah, I've got a break in the 4th digit towards the middle of my left foot, but there's nothing they can do not only because of the location, but it's apparently already healing...either I'm Wonder Woman in the healing department, or it's a stress fracture that happened prior to my fall on Friday...who knows. All I know is I took a day off for a 15 minute visit with the doc who gave me a brace for my still sore wrist, said there's nothing they can do with my foot, and told me to come back if it's still hurting in about a month. Wow, really? The doc the day before couldn't tell that the bone was healing up in the x-ray? Gotta love the medical system.
So yeah, 2008 got one more "stick it to the klutz" before the end of the year...I've decided to find someone who can exorcise Loverboy and I and our house so as to help prevent injuries in 2009. Here's what we've dealt with this past year...
March: Loverboy has knee surgery and is off work for 6 weeks.
April: Stupid girl hit me in Loverboy's truck, totalling the truck and sending me to the ER for x-rays. Loverboy almost knocks himself unconscious working on pipes in the attic...has a goose egg on his head for a couple of weeks.
May: Fell through friends 2nd floor bedroom to 1st floor bathroom (I've still got scar tissue healing in my right elbow).
June: Finally find out with doc #3 that there are tears in my left shoulder, surgery is scheduled for the end of July.
July: Surgery is scheduled for middle of August due to doc going on vacation. Find out it's not good to try to go swimming with a messed up shoulder. Loverboy screws up knee overdoing it on a friends jetski while on vacation. I have to drop from the nursing program due to the surgery in August, and have to reapply to be eligible for August of 2009.
August: Shoulder surgery on Wednesday the 13th, but end up with a sore throat the morning going into surgery. I'm a pain with a cold and dealing with lack of shoulder function, though I do do laundry the 2nd day after therapy. I'm sure Loverboy was rethinking the marriage proposal after that time. Off work 6 weeks.
September: We were actually lucky here, knock on wood.
October: The motherload! Loverboy thinks his foot is broken, x-rays say sprain, but he's hobbling for 3 weeks. Loverboy's Aunt has quadruple bypass surgery. Loverboy's Dad ends up in the hospital with multiple stomach ulcers and extreme blood loss. I feed Dad for 3 weeks so he can regain his strength and see what he can eat without pain. Inspires Dad to start cooking healthy for himself.
November: I think we were okay here too...
December: Loverboy fractures his 4th toe (the toe part) on his computer chair due to the dog kicking it towards him. I get sick for 2 weeks (badly) after coming back from an investigator meeting in California. I then proceed to injure my right wrist and left foot the day after Christmas, leading to finding out that I've got a broken 4th digit by the joint in the middle of my foot which they can do nothing about. And I've finally gotten back down to my presurgery weight.
2008 also brought gas prices up the nose, company payouts due to the ecomomy sucking, Blagojevich getting arrested (go Illinois), Obama being elected for President, thousands of people losing their jobs, stores going out of business, stores closing (my Michaels craft store is closing, I'm pissed),
So 2008, you can suck it for all I care. I'm done with you and all your problems. I'm welcoming 2009 with open arms. What do you have to offer? Here's a few things I hope:
A new job closer to home.
Reapplying for the nursing program for August of 2009.
Getting married in May.
Getting the sink back in the bathroom (it's been out since Feb I think).
Putting down hardwood floors in the living room.
Putting in a fireplace and new headers in the living room.
Not getting hurt. At all. Period. I'm not joking...
So that's that. I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve, Loverboy and I just relaxed at home, making fun of the drunkards on TV in New York, and watching Bon Jovi in concert on one of the HD channels...it was a nice relaxing night. But hugs out to ya, and may 2009 bring you happiness, hope, and prosperity. God bless.