Monday, January 12, 2009

Doing a happy dance...

So I'm not the best person when it comes to staying on diets or stay on track for what diets are SUPPOSED to be like (yeah, I cheat, I'll say it, wanna make somethin' of it?)...but I was really impressed with the past week with Weight Watchers. I was strick to the program, I'd make myself something, Loverboy was up to fend on his own (which I'm sure meant he lost this week too), unless I felt giving. Drum roll please...........

I've lost 5.4 pounds in one week!!! Yup, ...how did I accomplish this? Well, see my New Years Accomodations post. I'm thrilled! I kept up with the points system, was either spot on or just under my points for the day, and the only day I used part of the "35 extra weekly points" was on Friday when I had fried goodness while watching TV in the bedroom while Loverboy once again took over the 54" screen playing what else...World of Warcraft. Meh, let him do this until the weather gets warmer and he can rip up the floor and poor the post for the house, it's too cold to do it right now. OH, and I'm not drinking Mountain Dew like it's going out of style! I've gotten myself to have an 8oz (baby cans) of either Sierra Mist or Ginger Ale...so I can still get a little canned goodness, but not too much. I think I only used 3 of those cans in the past 2 weeks, I don't feel the need to waste 2 points on empty calories. I can't do diet, sorry guys, the taste gets to me, and I'm sensitive to Asparatame...gives me nasty migraines, which makes me HAVE to choose something healthy and not just low fat/fat free.

So yeah, I'm a happy camper. And that was without even exercising, giving me hope that I can be a healthier me in 2009...whoo-hoo (had to say it again...I'm almost at the weight I was when I first met Loverboy, hoping I can get under that within the next month, and even more by the wedding). I only major thing I did that would be considered "exercise" was the 45 minutes I took to shovel the driveway...without the snowblower (that thing is Satan on wheels, I'll tell ya that). Maybe I'll start walking if the snow doesn't stop me like it did over the weekend...and here I was going to start the "couch to 5K"...I've got an 8K Shamrock Shuffle with my name on it coming up, and if I don't do the 8K run, I've always fot the 5K walk.

No comments: