Monday, April 28, 2008

Funk food urge...

Yes, I said funk food. I don't have much of a junk food urge, I usually have weird urges for stuff that others may think is totally off the wall, such as hardboiled eggs with feta cheese, or crackers and spicy mustard...though I do have an occasional chocolate urge, I am starting to lose the need for sweets at the moment. However, that will most likely change with the warmer weather coming and my obsession of ice cream putting me in my place (unless I get myself a frozen yogurt maker, then I'd be a happy camper!!!).

Now I have been EXTREMELY good in the shopping department, there is absolutely no chocolate in the house minus some chocolate chips that I keep around for emergency cookies or brownies that I need to make to bring to a gathering or to work. I've decided to buy better food and snacks to keep around such as nuts, granola, fig newtons, crackers, fruit...but I had such a craving for something when I was out picking up Glade plug in refills I didn't know what I was going to end up with....

So I'm looking around to see what would satisfy my funk food urge...when I saw it!!! Mind you, this is one food that may seem totally disgusting, but I find it godly! Cheese in a can, oh how I adore thee! Oh Easy Cheese, how can something so out of the ordinary be so addicting? Mind you, at over $4 a can for only those most special of occasions while sitting in front of the TV...it was you or a gallon of ice cream, and yes, you were clearly the winner!!! Even better that I got you on sale!!! Oh precious find! Mind you, this pasteurized cheese snack is good on all kinds of goodies: crackers, celery, on slices of summer sausage...hmmm....

Now you may think it's gross, but hey, 2 Tbsp of this oozing goodness give me 20% of my daily calcium, and I'm horrible when it comes to following the ever changing Food pyramid. And with a daily allowance of 8% of Vitamin A, I'm all over it! The shelf life of this stuff is incredible, and no refrigeration is needed!!! I can enjoy this cheesy goodness just about anywhere, anytime!

Thank you, Kraft foods, for creating this odd combination of cheese like delicacy, you have made my stomach and my cravings thank you in every possible way.

2 comments:

Sarah McBride said...

I love cheese in a can. Charles says I am crazy and not to kiss him after i have eaten that "abomination"
what-evah

Anonymous said...

Now I'm hungry again. Ritz and Eazy Cheez, mmmmmmmmm. Damn you.